Sunday, January 30, 2011

MY HAIR REGIMEN WITH PRODUCTS I LOVE TO USE

After thinking about when I was a teenager and how my hair grew then, I remembered two times my hair grew the most. One was when my mother insisted I keep my hair cornrowed and the other was later in my teen when I had a Jeri curl. Adding two and two together i figured keeping my hair moisturized, braided and not manipulating it to much would be my answer to better growth. These are some of the things i use for my hair:


1. To keep my hair on my scalp instead of being ripped out by a regular pillow case I now where a satin bonnet to bed.















2. I wash my hair once a week with a shampoo that doesnt have drying chemicals in it. Right now I have two favorites that leaves my hair so soft and manageable. My first choice is Giovanni's Smooth as Silk shampoo and conditioner
                      
              













For Backup when i run out of Giovanni I use Organix Coconut Milk Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner.

  















For my deep conditioning days where I use body heat or hair dryer for 30 minutes to 1hr. I chose something old school Queen Helene Cholesterol Cream.  I was looking for a conditioner that was reasonable in price and actually had at least 30 min sitting time on the Label. I didn't think having that criteria would make finding something that hard, well it was I didn't find to much of anything that had 30 minutes on the label until spotting Queen Helene Cholesterol Cream this did not cost more than a few dollars and most definitely does the job for my hair. My hair always feels well moisturized and soft after using it. As they say if it ain't broke don't fix it.


















I also use neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-in Cream.

















In between washes I use a spray bottle full of mostly water and part vegetable glycerine,jojoba oil.

                  















For the times I want my curls really define I use Kinky-Curly Knot Today Leave in Conditioner/Detangler and Kinky-Curly Curl Custard Gel. If used properly it does exactly what it says it does. Keys to using this is you must use both products and with the curl custard a little goes a long way.







 










At this current time I do wash-n-gos, blow outs or cornrows under wigs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...